America’s Boating Course gives you the knowledge to decide what type and size boat you need, what to do when meeting another boat in a crowded waterway, and how to recognize and handle hazards. Become a more competent boater, learn from the best, take America’s Boating Course today.
Most boat insurance companies will offer discounts on boating insurance to boaters who successfully complete America’s Boating Course.
- Types of boats and their uses
- Boating Laws, both local and national
- Safety equipment, both required and recommended
- Finding your way, and adverse conditions
- Trailering, knots and lines and water sports topics
Each class is 8 hours in total. All will be taught as 4 successive 2 hour sessions. Cost is $50 for the materials. Families may share materials.
Mondays- March 6, 13, 20 & 27 from 7-9 PM
Harrods Creek Fire Department, 8905 US Highway 42, Prospect KY 40059
Thursdays- April 13, 20, 27, May 4 from 7-9 PM (note new Start date)
Clark County Casting and Conservation Club, Conservation Drive, Jeffersonville IN 47130
Tuesdays- May 2, 9, 16, & 23 from 6:30 – 8:30 PM
Bass Pro Shop, 951 E. Lewis and Clark Parkway, Clarksville IN 47129
Saturdays–Tuesdays–June 10, 13, 17, 20 from Sat 9-11 AM, Tue 5:30-7:30 PM
Louisville Boat Club, 4200 River Road, Louisville KY 40207
2 Ways To Register
- Go Online at USPS.org | Boating Courses and Seminars | Find a Boating Course Near You or Click Here
- Contact- Kim Fisher 502-544-1185
To download a PDF of this course page click here.